Wednesday 25 April 2012

500 Word Proposal

Below is my 500 word proposal that I will be doing for my journal in the Critical and Contextual Issues in Art and Design module.

I propose to create a journal about a certain subject that will interest me and make me gain much more information about it. What I am trying to discover is related to my essay that I did. The main subject is focusing on “Contextualising Horror”. The reason why I have decided to stay with this subject, not only does it interest me (which is the biggest and most crucial reason) but for the fact that there are many different angles and directions that I can go with this subject. Why would I propose to create a journal that I wouldn’t get much out of? Out of personal interest and for others to read?

The aspect, for which I am looking into, is how the media and the general public take to seeing images that may contain fear, disgust and horrific casualties. This helps in explaining a lot about the effect of how visuals contain a lot of emotion. Whether or not these visuals know they do this, every visual has some sort of effect. The type of images I will use will vary, from images of war, pieces of artwork, packaging and even viral videos that emphasise a lot of visuals.

I will create a basis for my journal by numerous comparisons with a variety of images. These images, as said will vary and hopefully relate to each other. Overall, with these images, I can create a strong argument and conclusion to my journal.

The overall view of my journal will show the journey of images used throughout time. These will be from images of war to recent images that are shown around the world today. The conclusion of this journal is too able to identify how these images affect people. A strong ratio of psychology will be used and referenced throughout all this. The question of, “What is the effect of Media Psychology” will be based on this entire journal.

To start off my journal, I shall produce information that I have gathered already and reference where I have got it (Harvard Referencing). I will also include weekly tasks from this Critical and Contextual Issues and Art and Design module that have helped me gather my research. In between all this work, I shall create arguments and explain why I have chosen the selected images and explain my main idea of the journal. Constant reminders of why I am doing this journal will create a better reading of my journal.

This journal is focally based on “Contextualising Horror” and I have added an emphasis of visuals as the main idea. Hopefully throughout it all, it will make sense and an idea of why I have found this so interesting. The main reason I find it interesting is because there are many different people in this world, and they all have different reactions to what the see. This is the main reason why art and design is a powerful study. To analysis these reactions, it will definitely help me find out how the media take on these images and how the audience respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment